Monday, July 18, 2011

Dunder Mifflin & Scranton Business Park


I mentioned in an earlier post that I was far from an early adopter of the greatness that is The Office.  NBC's hit television show had been on air for just over five years before I became a superfan.  Before I began watching it I would catch bits and pieces of it on TV and wonder "what the hell is up with this filming style with a shaky camera zooming in and out of this office?"  Then I began watching the series starting with season 1 and became more familiar with the premise.

I disliked Michael Scott in the beginning as I'm sure most people did.  I found his character obnoxious and rude.  I felt that in the second and third seasons he began to develop sensitivity and transformed into a character that the audience could enjoy.  His goofy remarks and ridiculous behavior comes off as somewhat ignorant yet excusable.  Moral of the story, it only took me four short months to plow through six and a half seasons to catch up with live television.

It's sad that Michael's character has left the show but I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty of him.  Or at least I hope so.  And let me just get this out of the way before I conclude this post, Will Ferrell's character showed no significance to me other than a distraction.  Perhaps that's what the producers were going for. 

Anyways, I have visited Dunder Mifflin and "Scranton Business Park" several times and am excited each time.  To visit the filming spot for my second favorite television show of all time (Seinfeld holds the top spot) gets me excited.  Now, you can visit it too.  It's located in the city of Van Nuys which borders Northridge and Burbank northwest of downtown.  You'll have to drive through a somewhat run down part of town and follow the directions to Saticoy Street which is a narrow side street that actually dead-ends just after the studios.  Don't expect a tour of the set, believe me I've asked.  However, you can enjoy the exterior of the studio which they use quite often in the show as the exterior of Dunder Mifflin and Scranton Business Park. Just punch the address below into your GPS and it shouldn't be too hard (that's what she said).


Dunder Mifflin aka Chandler Studios is located at:
13927 Saticoy Street
Van Nuys, CA

2 comments:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. buy dvd gotham season 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. buy dvd the originals season 4

    ReplyDelete