Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Like Warm Apple Pie - American Pie Dog Years


If you attended high school in the early 2000’s there’s no way you missed the American Pie movies. I remember sitting in a small local theater laughing my ass off in 1999 watching the first American Pie. An instant classic! A few years later, American Pie 2 was released and I can honestly say that the sequel was just as good as the first. So when I discovered that a lot of American Pie locations were in Southern California, I had to put them on the list. I’m also going to throw this out there before I go any further and say that American Wedding was terrible. Maybe I need to re-watch it, but I can’t imagine it doing much good. Sean William Scott’s character Stiffler is too obnoxious for my taste in American Wedding. It’s as if they relied on that character to carry the movie, but it’s just too much.

There, now that that’s out of the way, we can get to the location on hand. If you can remember back to the first movie the boys talk about their favorite burger/hot dog joint Dog Years. They also mention it in the second movie and even film that location again. There is an actual restaurant at this location although it’s not called Dog Years of course, it’s called Caffé Opera located in Monrovia, California. Monrovia is another city nestled at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains along the 210 freeway just east of Sierra Madre (Dude Where’s My Car locations). More American Pie locations to come!

The Dog Years filming spot is located at:
402 S Myrtle Ave
Monrovia, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment